Saturday, June 2, 2012

Race Day

I am ready for my fist 1500 race here in Boston. It looks like there is a really great field. I am just waiting on this rainy day for 7:50 PM to arrive! I have had a great trip thus far. I got to stay with an old High School friend, Beth Ohrt last night. It was so fun to jump back in her life and get a glimpse of the Boston lifestyle. I was very proud of myself for navigating my through Boston using Public Transportation…until I realized this morning I never called my parents and they were very worried…enough to trace all of my phone calls and contact everyone that might have heard from me! I guess I am not as independent as I would like to think:) 
Today I am staying with another runner, Joanna Murphy, who has been so generous to let me stay with her. It is so fun to get to stay with other runners and hear about their lifestyle and training regime. I am always encouraged and inspired to keep training when I am surrounded by other passionate runners. I hope that I can host athletes that come to race in Minnesota. The invitation is always open!
            I just finished visualizing my race, which I believe you can watch live on FloTrack at 7:50 ET. Here are the words of affirmation I plan to focus on during each lap of the race.

Lap 1: COURAGEOUS ~“Be strong and of good courage, be not frightened nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you may go.” Josh. 1:9

Lap 2: I am strong and Confident ~ “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the Earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint!”  Isaiah 40:28- 31

Lap 3: I am tough and will stand firm~ "Therefore, my dear brothers, Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Cor. 15:58 

Lap 4: I am a FIGHTER! “I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith, I have finished the race!” 2 Tim. 4:7

Here is a link to the meet website: NB Boston Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment