Sunday, June 10, 2012

A penny for your thoughts


Well, I am headed home from Indianapolis. When I had envisioned this trip home, I thought that I would be celebrating that I had a new PR and qualified for the Trials. Unfortunately, I cannot deliver such joyous news. Last night I ran my third race, and again ran a 4.20… They say, “Third time’s a charm,” but this was not the case last night. For now, I am not sure what is next. I may try to get one more track race in, or I may hit the roads and do some road races. I will let you know shortly! I am prayerfully considering what is best. I currently am a little sick, so I am hoping that I can quickly get better in the comfort of my own bed and be ready to race soon.
No matter what, I have to continue to believe that God is still good. Not only this, but God has what is best for me. The morning of the race, I had read in Mark about the widow who places only a penny in the offering. People scoff at her “minimal” offering. Jesus rebukes them and praises her, for she has just offered all that she has. All the Lord wants is our best. I don’t always understand why I run, or what competing has to offer the Lord, but I want to be like the widow, and offer up whatever I have for his glory. For this weekend, I offered what I had. This does not mean that I am content with my performance, but it means that I will not allow myself to be defeated; that I trust that what I am doing is refining me and those around me somehow. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I know I am not competing alone!  Press on!

2 comments:

  1. Almost every time I read your blog, I cry. Rock on, Elizabeth! We're thinking of and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired by your bravery. No one said it would be easy, they promised it would be worth it. I'm confident that when the disappointment fades you'll look back and know the worth of the work and passion you put in regardless of what comes next.

    ReplyDelete