Saturday, December 8, 2012

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.


I am getting ready for my first race in a very long time - first cross country race in a very very long time! I am racing at Club Cross in Lexington, Kentucky with my awesome team- Run N Fun! The weekend has already been a blast getting the chance to travel with a great group of runners that share a similar passion; some old friends, and some new. Honestly, it is hard for me to step to the line when I know I am not in my best fitness. I have a poster in my classroom that has a quote of Babe Ruth that says, “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” I cannot let my pride keep me from doing something that I love, just because of fear that my performance might hurt my ego a little bit! The course is going to be muddy because it has been raining the last two days, so times will not be fast – and we will all get very dirty! Thus, as I step to the line I am free from any time expectation and I can just run the race marked out before me in freedom. I am hoping that this race will be the start of many healthy races to come and remind me of how much I love to race, spend time with great people, and be free to be me! I will let you know how it goes!

Hebrews 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”

1 comment: